Family Day on the Farm
Note: The Museum will be open on Monday, February 19. Closed on Tuesday, February 20.
A unique family learning adventure awaits you at the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum! Explore the sights and sounds of farm life through animals, exhibitions, treasures from the collection, and hands-on demonstrations. Enjoy indoor family fun as well as outdoor activities on this special winter day. Don’t forget to stop by our Demonstration Kitchen to enjoy a tasty treat!
Outdoor Fun – Ongoing activity (weather permitting)
- Build a family snowman and we will provide the accessories to help you add your flair!
- Make ice sculptures with coloured ice cubes.
- Paint the snow with colourful spray bottles.
- Have fun in the snow!
- Children are invited to listen to a winter-themed story and make a special craft to go along with the story.
- 11:30 and 3:00 English Presentation
- 11:45 and 3:15 French Presentation
9:30 and 1:30 - Snowman cake pops
10:30 and 2:30 - Fruit and Yogurt Parfait Making
12:00 - Homemade Bird Seed Feeders
10:00 - Rabbit Care - Small Animal Barn
11:00 - Groom a Calf - Dairy Barn
2:00 - Meet the Alpacas - Horse and Cattle Barn
4:00 - Afternoon Milking - Dairy Barn
Museum Ice Rink
Lace up your skates and join us on the Museum's skating rink! Enjoy some ice time as part of your visit! (Humans only- no cows on skates please!). Click here for more information and rink condition updates.
Museum site map:
Find your way around the farm with this colourful, easy-to-read map (pdf).Back to top