- 1 cup (250 ml) brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup (190 ml) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (mash them to almost a purée)
- 2 cups (500 ml) chocolate chips
- 2 cups (500 ml) flour
- 1⁄2 cup (125 ml) old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp. (1.25 ml) salt
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
Beat sugar and butter until smooth in a big bowl.
Beat in eggs and vanilla, then add mashed chickpeas and chocolate chips.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
Add dry ingredients to the wet.
Drop by tablespoonful onto baking sheet.
Bake 11 to 13 min, until golden brown.