- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup (180 ml) sugar
- ½ cup (125 ml) canola oil
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (60 ml) buttermilk
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) grated carrots
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 36 mini muffin cups with mini muffin liners; set aside.
- In a big bowl, using a whisk; beat eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla extract, and buttermilk together until smooth.
- In a smaller bowl, sift together, flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt. Slowly add about 1 cup of the flour mixture to the sugar mixture; mix until well combined.
- Add the grated carrots to the remaining flour mixture; toss to combine. Stir into batter until well combined.
- Fill each muffin cup with about 1 tbsp. of batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve and enjoy!
Canada Agriculture and Food Museum