- 3⁄4 cup (180 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 tsp. (1.25 ml) baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. (1.25 ml) salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (125 ml) white sugar
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) lemon juice
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3⁄4 cup (190 ml) melted butter, cooled
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
Coat a Madeleine pan with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice, and grated lemon zest until light and fluffy.
With a whisk, gently fold in the dry ingredients.
Add dry ingredients to the wet.
Gently fold the butter into the batter.
Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
Using a tablespoon, fill each cavity with batter.
Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Remove the madeleines from the pan and let cool on a wire rack.
Makes 18 lemon Madeleines