View all Educational Programs
Busy Bees Educational Activity Kit
Did you know the smallest farm animal plays the greatest role in food production? Your kindergarten and primary students will learn all about bees with this Busy Bees educational activity kit. Through worksheets and activities such as colouring, game playing, storytelling, planting, and baking, your students will learn:
- about honeybees and their life cycle
- what pollination is and how plants produce seeds and fruit
- about beekeeping and how honey is produced
- about the products and by-products of beekeeping
- how to make lip balm from honey
- how to cultivate melliferous plants from seeds to provide pollinating insects with food
This comprehensive kit includes links to science and technology, language, mathematics, and arts curriculum requirements.
For additional learning opportunities and fun, test your students’ new knowledge by participating in the Busy Bees school program at the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum.
New! Bee Odyssey mobile game
Bee related videos:
- Meet the Queen Bee at the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
- Hive maintenance at the Canada Agriculture Museum
- Harvesting Honey with Lynn Crawford