These delicious muffins are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a snack!
- 1 ¾ cups (435 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- ½ cup (125 mL) butter, softened
- ½ cup (125 mL) sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (175 mL) unsweetened applesauce
For the topping
- ¼ cup (60 mL) butter, melted
- ¼ cup (60 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place 24 mini muffin liners in muffin pan or spray with cooking oil and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar with a hand held mixer or a whisk until light and fluffy, about two minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat until well combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and the applesauce and mix until smooth.
- Pour the dry ingredients over the creamed mixture and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
- Pour the batter into each muffin cup using an ice cream scoop.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the muffins comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring onto a rack.
- To make the topping, combine the sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl.
- Dip each muffin in the melted butter and then in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Yield: 24 mini muffins