Collection Storage Facility
The Farmall model “F-12” was introduced in 1932 as a small, low-cost, all-purpose tractor. It was designed to replace horses on small farms and could pull a one-bottom plow. The F-12 had large diameter rear wheels that gave it high ground clearance. This feature, and its tight turning radius, made the F-12 an excellent row-crop tractor that could cultivate and mow fields. More than 123,000 F-12s were built between 1932 and 1938. The first Farmall tractor appeared in 1924, and was the first all-purpose row-crop tractor. McCormick-Deering was a brand of the International Harvester Company (IHC). IHC formed in 1902 with the merger of McCormick Harvesting Machine Company, Deering Harvester Company, and three other smaller manufacturers. IHC began using the McCormick-Deering trademark in 1921. André Boucher Inc. donated this tractor to the Museum in 1987. It was originally used in Saint-Luc, Quebec.